|Job||Driver/Security for Red|
|First Seen||“The Freelancer”|
|Last Seen||“Berlin Conclusion”|
Dembe is a Muslim former freedom fighter from South Sudan, who at some stage was trafficked by the Eberhardt Cartel and Red facilitated his escape. It was assumed that he was Raymond Reddington's bodyguard.
There are confirmed reports that Dembe was with Red in Sierra Leone and Brussels, Belgium. Other reports place him and Red in Murmansk and Belfast.
He is with Red when he meets with Liz to tell her that Hector Lorca has contacted him about a new identity.
He answers the phone in Haiti when Liz calls to advise Red that Lorca's trial has been abandoned.
He drives Red's limousine to Stanley R. Kornish's cabin after stopping to buy meat.
He drives Liz and Red to the location where Seth Nelson is buried. He performs CPR on Nelson.
He is with Red when Liz arrives to ask Red about Max Ruddiger. He accompanies Red while he makes a new deal with Max Ruddiger, possibly to intimidate Max, as during the negotiations he stands behind Max.
He is with Red at his tailors when Red calls the tip-line regarding the subway attack. He remains while Red briefs Liz and Ressler on Frederick Barnes.
He is surprised when Liz walks past the car, when Red is on the way to Cuba.
He held a gun on Nathaniel Wolff while Red stole the hard drive containing the program for the new 100 dollar banknote design.
Garrick's men capture him separately from Red. After shooting Luli, Garrick points a gun to Dembe's head to force Red to get out of the box. Red pleads with Harold to give him the code which he refuses. Red then tries to revive Ressler to extract the code from him but he is unconscious. Dembe urges him to say goodbye. They recite Al-Ikhlas, a chapter from the Qur'an "( Say:Allah, the One and Only;  Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;  He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;  And there is none comparable unto Him. )" together and the screen faded to black with a gun shot sound.
You can listen Al-Ikhlas: Al-Ikhlas Video
Dembe says "Good bye, My Brother."
As a islamic teaching and a verse in the Quran , Allah says that "The believers are but Brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy."
He attempts to rescue Red after the Post Office is retaken by the FBI. Later, he leads the raid on the communications outpost, however he is unable to prevent the destruction of the primary hard drives.
Dembe is back in his familiar role, as Raymond Reddington's driver and shadow. When Red catches the associate of the man spying on Elizabeth Keen and Tom's home, Dembe is nearby. When Red calls Liz about The Good Samaritan, Dembe is driving. He is present when Red interrogates the people that were hired to help Anslo Garrick. He is later present when Red interrogates Aram Mojtabai.
Every time Red meets with the activists hunting the mole for him, he is shadowed by Dembe. It is possible that the implied threat, thus presented, encourages obedience to Red's wishes.
Dembe continues in his role as Red's bodyguard and shadow. He does not accompany Red to the meeting with Diane Fowler.
- How did Dembe escape from the Eberhardt Cartel?
- A: He could have been sold by the cartel as a child soldier to a mercenary/rebel group. He later escaped during a battle in Africa.
- A: His escape was facilitated by Raymond Reddington.
- Why is the relationship between Dembe and Raymond Reddington so personal? Red's relationship with Luli Zeng was limited to the professional/business.
- A: Red and Luli Zeng exchanged a passionate kiss when she and Dembe were brought in.
- A: Red and Dembe exchanged verses from Al-Ikhlas, which is intensely personal and close.
- A: Red and Mr. Kaplan are obviously close, Mr. Kaplan calling Red "Dearie".
- A: Newton Phillips (Grey) did not fight Red when Red was about to kill Grey, only asking that he "Make it look like an accident" for his wife.
- A: All of Red's associates are close, all of them owe Red on a personal level, and I suspect Red owes them too.