Employee of the Major
|First Seen||“Gina Zanetakos”|
|Last Seen||“Mr. Solomon”|
Gina Zanetakos is a member of The Blacklist.
Zanetakos is a corporate terrorist for hire who commits acts of terrorism that result in the corporations who hire her gaining an advantage over the competition. Raymond Reddington said she once contacted him for help in assassinating a Supreme Court judge. She was once in a romantic relationship with Tom Keen. The fact that she has the exact same kind of box of passports and cash that Tom had, right down to the symbol on the lid, suggests that she might be another graduate of the Major.
Using the alias Shubie Hartwell, she entered the United States. She was hired by the Hanar Group to detonate a dirty bomb in the Port of Houston. The explosion would have allowed the Hanar investors to profit from the re-routing of sea shipping to New Orleans. After being captured, she was allowed a plea bargain since the bomb had not devastated the port. A search of her apartment produced a photograph of Tom Keen who she claims not to know. When questioned about the murder of Victor Fokin, she claims to have committed the crime on the orders of Raymond Reddington
Elizabeth Keen is told Gina escaped during a work furlough.
Desperate for money, Tom inquires if Gina can offer him a criminal opportunity. She recruits him for a diamond heist. She states that the Major is still hunting Tom.
When Tom Keen comes to her apartment for peace, she agrees to help him.
Gina tracks down Tom as a favor for the Major.
- With the revelations from later in the series, was Red telling the truth when he said she was Tom Keen's lover?
- A: Interactions between Zanetakos and Tom Keen confirm that Red was telling the truth.
- Since she had the same kind of box of passports and cash that Tom has, was Gina also trained by the Major?
- A: A "go" box of some form is common for deep cover agents whoever they are employed/trained by.
- A: She mentioned that the robbery she did in "Alistair Pitt" was on behalf of the Major and she knew he was looking for Tom.
- Where will Gina go since her escape? Her status on The Blacklist makes her a higher ranked criminal threat.
- A: Contrary to the FBI's perceived omnipotence, there are many countries where someone with her skill set would be welcome, Russia and China to name 2. She would also probably be welcome in Venezuela.
- A: The fallout from the demise of the Blacklist taskforce could also result in the covering up of her activities. It is not unreasonable to assume that the Cabal had used her services in the past, and may look to do so in the future.
- Q: The FBI will make a stronger than usual effort to re-capture her since her threat level is higher than a regular criminal. Gina must first escape the United States before going overseas. It could be in Fitch's self-interest to sacrifice Gina to maintain secrecy. Also, she was given a plea bargain, that will make a coverup more difficult since there are more records than someone such as Madeline Pratt. Finally, the hunt for Red took place in numerous nations. ("Mako Tanida")
- A: When operating openly the FBI has to obey its political masters. The Cabal has demonstrated their level of political influence. Should one member wish Gina to escape, that would occur. Gina will have an array of American contacts who would smuggle her out of the country. Rolph Cisco is not the only avenue of escape. ("The Pavlovich Brothers")