THE FBI CORNERS LIZ AND RED - Ressler is hot on the trail for Liz after she escapes to the Russian embassy for safety. There is no one left for her to trust but Red, who enlists a lawyer named Marvin Gerard to get them out of a sticky hostage situation. Meanwhile, the FBI tries to force Cooper out of the task force.
Number on The BlacklistEdit
- Elizabeth Keen
- Why did Keen declare herself an agent of the Federal Security Service (FSB) instead of the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR RF)?
- While the escape was successful, the method adds more evidence of Keen’s “guilt”. She participated in a hostage situation and assaulted the man who resisted. Her decision to rely on the Russian government adds to her status as a spy. At the diner Gerard blamed her for the situation. That means her criminal reputation has spread.
- Where did Keen learn how to speak Russian and/or with a Russian accent?
- A: She is shown speaking fluent Russian as a child in “Requiem“, meaning Russian was likely her mother tongue language and English was learned as a second language.
- Why was Keen shaken by the fear in the everybody’s eyes?
- Q: She certainly has seen that fear in the eyes of some criminals.
- Q: How was the fear from the customers different from the fear in a person being arrested? That person would be afraid of the arresting officer.
- Q: Liz has already seen and known fear in her FBI career, how was the fear in the diner different?
- A: They witnessed Liz nearly killed Clay for abusing Carly again by assaulting him and were more fearful for their lives.
- A: This time they were afraid of her.
- Why was Keen so fearful and emotional? She was calm in situations where she had to go undercover and could not rely on a FBI rescue.
- A: As this is the first time Liz has started her life as a criminal, she is not used to it and is very fearful.
- Keen’s pummeling of the husband seemed to be partially motivated by her experiences in “The Good Samaritan“ and “The Deer Hunter“.
- Raymond Reddington
- How did Red and Keen reach the cargo ship?
- How is there no toilet in the cargo container?
- What was the Fulcrum section Red was shocked by? Red stated that it was a long shot.
- A: It seemed like a weakness in the Cabal.
- What did Red discover about the Cabal that forced him to turn rogue?
- Why did Red need Marvin Gerard for the Fulcrum analysis?
- A: Red told Liz that Marvin was the best at finding loopholes. In this case, in the Cabal's plans.
- Will Red use Marvin Gerard in the future?
- A: Red employed him to form a plan against the Cabal.
- What is the history between Red and Gerard?
- A: Red was a client of Gerard's.
- Why did Red need to use such a complex method of escape?
- A: He needed to get Gerard out of prison and to a safe place.
- Was the reference to the Crimea a reference to Putin?
- Why did the reporter say “You” to Red?
- Why did Red interfere with Carly at the diner? Was it because of the argument?
- A: It was more likely due to Clayton's abuse to Carly that Red had to intervene and warn him to treat her better.
- Who is Clayton?
- A: An abusive boyfriend that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Marvin Gerard
- In addition to aiding Red, will Gerard continue aiding his other clients? Red can use those black market connections to his advantage.
- Is Gerard at risk of being extradited? If somebody recognizes him at his new location, the United States government can demand his return.
- How did Gerard continue his career as a shadow counsel while in prison?
- Why did Becky Weinberg agree to leave with Gerard? What about her career?
- Why did Gerard wear a wire? He told Ressler that he was going to tell Red.
- A: Ressler had to try.
- Cabal / Russian embassy
- Why did the Cabal have to rely on their agent in the Federal Tariff Service (FTS)? They certainly have other high-ranking agents in the Russian government.
- How many employees at the Russian embassy work for the Cabal?
- A: At least 2.
- What is the status of Karakurt?
- A: Active.
- Why does the Cabal want to restart the Cold War?
- Why did the guard in Keen’s car not sit in the front seat?
- A: He was under orders to keep an eye on her until they got to the airport.
- What will be the aftermath of the standoff at the Russian embassy? The Russians can protest that Ressler attacked their convoy. The Americans can protest that the Russians aided a wanted fugitive.
- The task force is on shaky ground.
- Aram was openly giving Keen the benefit of the doubt.
- Cooper has been re-assigned to a dead-end position. He was seen searching for the Karakurt file. That means he is looking for a way to undermine the Cabal.
- Ressler could cross a political line and is removed from the field. He wanted to storm the embassy and threatened to shoot the Russian driver.
- Reven could be portrayed as responsible for the disaster at the Russian embassy and forced to resign.
- Samar decides to ally with Red to avoid exposure of the fact he sent her as a double agent.
- The Cabal uses Keen’s actions to destroy the credibility of the remaining members. It could force Reven to include a Cabal loyalist on the task force.
- Donald Ressler
- Ressler’s behavior is becoming increasingly reckless. Reven Wright might decide to remove him from command for that reason.
- Ressler's previous obssession with Red cost him the engagement to Audrey Bidwell. This new obssession could cost him his career.
- Why did Ressler not know that the Russian Embassy was considered foreign territory?
- A: Ressler's obsession is undermining his judgement.
- What did Ressler mean when he told Samar that the “war has already started”?
- Ressler's offer to resign would have placed him in the position of relying on vigilante actions.
- Ressler’s actions at the diner resemble Keen’s actions in “The Alchemist”.
- Why did Ressler look at the photo of Gerard at the end?
- A: He was trying to figure out what Red wanted with him.
- Samar Navabi
- Is Red using Samar as a double agent?
- Why did Samar refer to herself as a special agent?
- Reven Wright
- Ressler's actions, Keen's actions, and Red's escape gives the Cabal leverage over Reven. They can accuse her of being responsible for a public relations disaster and diplomatic disaster that has humiliated the FBI.
- Why did Reven not remove Ressler from command? Without the Russian witness, there is no evidence of Cabal involvement.
- Harold Cooper
- Cooper’s resignation is similar to Sheridan’s in “Rising Star” and several storylines in “Ghost in the Shell”. In exchange for resigning, there is no trial and/or criminal prosecution.
- What will Cooper do now that he has resigned?
- A: Go to his desk job.
- Why did Cooper access the file on Karakurt?
- A: He intends to help Red and Liz in any way he can.
- Tom Keen
- Why has Tom returned?
- A: He wishes to assist Liz and knows that she and Red are in a tight situation due to the Cabal's involvement.
- Why has Tom returned?
- How will the FBI find the underground room at the diner?
- Why were there no media crews or reporters at the embassy or the diner?
- Why did Matias Solomon not wear gloves or protect his face when he went to kill the survivor of the car crash?
- A: Similiar to when Red killed Sam Scott, he knows how to evade security systems.
Slanders on the FBIEdit
- James Spader as Raymond Reddington
- Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen
- Diego Klattenhoff as Donald Ressler
- Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen
- Amir Arison as Aram Mojtabai
- Mozhan Marnò as Samar Navabi
- Hisham Tawfiq as Dembe Zuma
- Harry Lennix as Harold Cooper
- Fischer Stevens as Marvin Gerard
- Edi Gathegi as Matias Solomon
- Adriane Lenox as Reven Wright
- Sean Cullen as Alexander Raskovitch
- Christopher James Baker as Clayton
- Misha Kuznetsov as Russian Ambassador
- William Connell as Mikhail Kozlov
- Kristen Sieh as Carly
- Alan R. Rodriguez as HRT Leader
- Allison Jean White as Woman
- Alfredo Huereca as Chui Mendez
- Boris Kievsky as Chauffeur
- MaameYaa Boafo as Lucinda
- Victor Boda as Military Officer
|Season 3 Episodes|
|· The Troll Farmer · Marvin Gerard · Eli Matchett · The Djinn · Arioch Cain · Sir Crispin Crandall · Zal Bin Hasaan · Kings of the Highway · The Director · The Director: Conclusion · Mr. Gregory Devry · The Vehm · Alistair Pitt · Lady Ambrosia · Drexel · The Caretaker · Mr. Solomon · Mr. Solomon: Conclusion · Cape May · The Artax Network · Susan Hargrave · Alexander Kirk · Alexander Kirk: Conclusion ·|