|Birth name||Thomas Vincent Keen|
|Family||Elizabeth Keen (Wife, estranged)|
Craig Keen (Brother, deceased)
|Job||4th Grade Schoolteacher|
|Last Seen||“Berlin Conclusion”|
Tom Keen was a main character in the NBC series, "The Blacklist".
Tom Keen is married to Elizabeth Keen. He works as a 4th grade teacher. He and Liz tried to adopt a child.
Tom and Liz oversleep and are woken by their dog Hudson on Liz's first day as an FBI profiler. While they are getting ready for work he shows her two fliers and asks her to choose which one he should visit with his community group. He also wants the car, but because Liz is late he agrees that she can have it. When the FBI arrive outside to take Liz, she gives him the car keys.
He calls Liz and goes to the adoption meeting alone.
When he returns home he is tortured and stabbed by Ranko Zamani, then taken to hospital where he is placed on a ventilator.
While he is in the hospital, Liz tries to clean the carpet because Tom's blood was all over the floor. She gets angry and starts to peel the carpet off. Underneath, she finds a compartment in her wood floor, and in the compartment is a box, containing multiple fake passports all with Tom's picture on them. Also, she finds a gun and money, and suddenly faces a dilemma about what to do. She could confront him and see him deny it, or she could look up the gun in the system and have Tom arrested. She carpets the floor before he comes back, that way she can still make her decision.
He wakes up in hospital while Liz is at his bedside.
He returns home with Liz. That night Liz finds a touching testimony he made for the adoption agency about her. She cries after seeing the testimony, and considers her next move.
He is starting to recover though still using a wheelchair. He speaks to Elizabeth Keen and says that he wishes she could talk to him about her work. Their friend Ellie then arrives to make him some more breakfast then take him to his physiotherapy session while Liz is at work.
When Liz returns that evening he apologises for what he said that morning and that he understands her position.
When Liz is moping at her computer after the witness was killed, he notices the date on her pad and assumes that she is cheering herself up, since on the computer for that date 23 June 2012 is a series of pictures from a romantic break that they had taken that day.
When Liz comes home after being rescued, he tells her that he has booked a three day break for them in the same place as before.
In Liz's dream he attacks her when she confronts him about the box, but in real life he tells her that he has booked an ultrasound scan with the mother of their child.
He finds the box and spends the rest of the episode trying to contact LIz. When she returns home that night he tells he that they need to talk, with the box open on the table.
He and Elizabeth Keen argue about the box and its contents. He eventually challenges Liz to inform the FBI about the box. She then makes the call.
He is brought to The Post Office blindfolded and Liz tells him that this is where she works.
He is interrogated by Meera Malik about the gun and the reason for his prescence in Boston on the day of the murder. He claims no knowledge of the gun and tells Meera that he had a job interview in the hotel.
After checking Meera presents him with a picture of the school principal, whom he fails to recognize.
Once Gina Zanetakos has admitted being the killer he is released. As he is being escorted through the operations room he sees a picture of Grey on the board and identifies him as the man who interviewed him for the non-existent teaching position.
He and Liz discuss remodelling their house to erase the bad memories of the past few weeks.
When Liz arrives home from work, he has recreated the scene from their first night in the house as a date night.
He takes the call from Liz's aunt saying how sick Liz's father is, and because Liz is unable to leave, flies to Nebraska to see her father.
He arrives after Liz's father has passed away and is sitting outside having a coffee thinking about how to tell Liz, when Raymond Reddington joins him and tells him that Liz is stronger that he thinks, and that she will be OK. Red also mentions that Liz's father will "always be there protecting her" in what seems to be a threatening fashion. Tom does not know that he is talking to Red and replies: "I hope you are right."
He consoles Liz while she is going through Sam's possessions prior to going to work.
He calls Liz while she is a prisoner of Anslo Garrick, but Garrick answers the call. Liz calls out to him to call the FBI, but it is unclear if he heard her since he did not make the call.
Once Liz is free and the operation has ended he tries to convince Liz to leave the unit and the FBI and move to a rural community.
Tom applies for a job in Lincoln, Nebraska without telling Liz, until he has to go to an interview.
Tom tells Liz that although he went to Nebraska, he did not attend the job interview. He reminds Liz that they are hosting "baby shower" that evening.
During the baby shower he and Liz argue about the fact that Liz is not intending to take time off work in the period after the baby arrives. The argument is ended by Jolene when she introduces herself.
After Liz leaves (to raid Eric Trettel's laboratory) Jolene flirts with Tom and invites him to a photography exhibition.
When Liz stands him up again, he goes to the exhibition with Jolene.
He and Liz watch a sonogram of the baby they intend to adopt, and discuss their plans and check that they have all the accessories needed.
Upon the completion of case Liz tells him that she can't go through with the adoption and challenges him to say that he does not have any doubts about their relationship or the adoption. After Liz has delivered her bombshell, he spends time with Jolene.
After he and Liz fight over the adoption, he goes to Orlando alone since he believes they should spend time apart. Once there he meets Jolene.
Tom and Jolene are out together, and eventually meet up in a hotel bar bathroom where they begin to make out, to which unbeknownst to the couple, a small child walks in. Jolene starts giggling and Tom begins to question his previous and current actions. Jolene gives Tom a room key for room 618 and leaves the bathroom without Tom. He is later seen drinking at the bar fiddling with his wedding ring. He then decides to go to Jolene's room and tells her that he cannot have an affair with Jolene because he loves his wife, Elizabeth Keen. Jolene replies with, "Wrong answer, Liz is not your wife, she's your target", thus prompting Tom to reveal his true nature by talking about "Them", the company he works for. Tom then reveals that he only married Liz because the said "company" ordered him to.
Before killing Lucy, he has her give Liz a cover story explaining her leaving the city.
He barely escapes after Liz discovers his safe house. He later calls his contact at a bank to tell her to tell Berlin that the safe house was exposed.
He and Liz renew their wedding vows.
He tells Maly that he is accountable to Berlin.
He calls his contact at the bank for an escape route. Later, Red hires the Pavlovich brothers to raid his safehouse. They bring Tom to the Keen house. After arguing with Liz, he escapes and tells Liz that Red is using her for his own ends.
After taking Liz hostage and trying to use her to stop Red from killing "Berlin" Liz disarms him and shoots him 3 times in the stomach. While he lays on the floor apparently dying, he whispers to Liz that her real father is still alive. When FBI SWAT storms the room where Tom supposedly died, the camera zooms in on the area of the floor where Tom's wounded body was. Either his corpse was removed or he survived his injuries.
- Why has Red not given Elizabeth Keen more information on Tom?
- A: Red is letting the whole thing play out and let Liz see Tom for who he really is.
- What would Raymond Reddington have done if Tom had died from the injuries inflicted on him by Ranko Zamani in "Pilot"? The link to Berlin would have been lost.
- A: Zamani was far to skillful to have killed Tom, without Reddington's permission.
- Q: Tom was in the intensive care unit. Injuries that severe can quickly turn fatal.
- Why was Tom captured by Zamani? He could have easily killed Zamani and hid the body. ("Mako Tanida")
- A: Zamani probably surprised Tom and he was armed with a gun. Zamani easily captured Liz by waiting.
- Who is Tom working for?
- A: It is not likely Alan Fitch.
- A: More likely Red's unseen adversary.
- A: Both the unknown group monitoring the house and Raymond Reddington are certain he is leading a double life. The unknown group and Red would not maintain such certainty without evidence. Furthermore, Red would not have ordered the attack by Ranko Zamani in "Pilot" without evidence.
- A: In "The Judge", Red's suspicions about Tom were proven true, and Liz is now in further danger.
- A: In "Mako Tanida" Tom states that his employers are stationed in Berlin.
- A: In "Milton Bobbit", Tom states that he is accountable to Berlin.
- Why was he so shocked by the gun in the box? His wife is an armed Federal Agent.
- A: It was his escape plan. He had to convince Liz that it had been planted there to frame him.
- Why is the homicide mentioned by Harold Cooper classified?
- A: Because the victim was a defecting FSB agent.
- Why did he not call the FBI and alert them when Liz asked him to?
- A: Tom could be working for the faction Fitch represents.
- A: He started to suspect that Liz has gotten closer to the truth and his behavior in the last few episodes showed it. During her nightmares in "The Courier", the people Tom works for in Berlin are very powerful and extremely dangerous.
- What was Tom's motive for going to the art gallery with Jolene? Is he suspicious that she may be after Liz and trying to cast doubt in his eyes? Or is he just lonely and trying to have some fun?
- A: Tom suspects Lucy/Jolene was spying on him and his double life is finally revealed in "The Judge". It was also revealed that Tom had only married Elizabeth because his superiors told him to do so in order to attack her.
- Is Tom his real name? Lucy Brooks changed hers for the assignment.
- A: Unlikely, as Christopher Maly revealed in "Milton Bobbit". It is also revealed that his marriage to Liz is possibly invalid as Tom may have family of his own with the unknown Nikki.